Integra members around the world can gain professional knowledge and credits through live and recorded webinars.
Featuring International CPA specialist presenters, each practical course is carefully crafted to highlight and discuss the most current and relevant tax information. Registrants can count on taking away multiple action points and detailed source material for future reference.
may 1st – 8am PST/ 11am EST / 4pm UK/ 5pm CET
Data Security and Cyber Liability Issues for CPAs – 1 hour CPE
Data security breaches continue to ramp up and cause CPAs a great deal of concern. Security tools to protect against cyberattacks are becoming more sophisticated, but attackers also become more sophisticated. This presentation will offer a greater awareness to attendees about data security risks and cyber security best practices from CAMICO, the nation’s largest CPA-directed program of professional liability insurance for accountants.
Topics covered will include:
- Common data security risks, threats and breaches
- Cyber security best practices
- Recommended policies and procedures
- War stories from CAMICO’s claims files
Presented by: Randy R. Werner, J.D., LL.M./Tax, CPA — Loss Prevention Executive
Werner responds to CAMICO loss prevention hotline inquiries and speaks to CPA groups on various topics. Werner has Big Four public accounting experience in federal and state tax as well as regional accounting firm experience. She practiced as a sole practitioner in estate planning beginning in 1984.
Werner has been a member of the California State Bar since 1983 and is a member of the Taxation section as well as the Taxation Section’s Procedure and Litigation Committee. Werner is currently the Government Relations Chair for the Peninsula–Silicon Valley Chapter of the California Society of CPAs. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Commerce, majoring in finance with an emphasis in marketing, from the Santa Clara University School of Business. She also earned a Juris Doctor from the Santa Clara University School of Law in 1983, a Master of Laws in Taxation from Golden Gate University in 1987, and a Master of Science in Accounting from San Jose State University in 2001.
*RECORDINGS For The Webinars Below Are Found in the Integra Interactive Library (Members Only Area)
January 22 – The Wayfair Case – presented by Greg Elias / Think LLP
- November 20 – The Tax Cut & Jobs Act (TCJA) Impact on Business Valuation – presented by Don DeGrazia
- November 7th – Demystifying Artificial Intelligence and the Impact on Auditing, presented by John Colthart at MindBridge
- October 4 – Zero Inbox / Email Management – presented by Laurie Daschuk
- September 27th, 2018 – Taxation of Cryptocurrency: A Brave New World- presented by Stephen J. Turanchik, a Lawyer with Paul Hastings LLP
- September 13th, 2018 – Practical Considerations for Implementing New U.S. and Global Revenue Recognition Standards – presented by Steve Austin – Swenson Advisors
- June 7th, 2018 – Crowd Funding – presented by Mark Roderick – Flaster Greenberg
- May 2nd, 2018 – Cannabis Appraisal & Financial Management – presented by Ron Seigneur – Seigneur Gustafson LLP
- April 26 – Spanish Webinar – Precios de Transferencia en América Latina
- March 6, 2018 – The Taxation of Owning Real Estate in the UK presented by Tim Cook – Wilder Coe Ltd.
- February 9, 2018 – Topic: Qualified Business Income Deduction – QBID
- January 16, 2018 – FASB Update on Nonprofit Accounting Standards(ASU 2016-14)Presented by Bill Sims and Bridget Losa with Salmon Sims Thomas & Associates, PLLC
- November 13, 2017 – Lease Accounting
Presenters Steve Austin, CPA Swenson Advisors, LLP , Marion Adams, Swenson Advisors, Don Mitchell, Cresa and Simon Terry-Lloyd, Cresa Click here to Download Flyer.
- September 28, 2017 – Exit Taxation
Presented by Franz Schweiger, Managing Partner/Director, BF Consulting Wirtschaftsprüfungs GmbH
A recap of the best content from the September 2017 International Tax Conference in Malta. Click here to Download Flyer.
- June 8, 2017 – Business Valuation – An Intermediate Look
Presented by Don DeGrazia, CPA/ABF/CFF and Kristen Matkowsky, CPA, Gold Gerstein Group LLP2 hours CPEBusiness valuation continues as one of the fastest growing and most lucrative niches for accounting firms. Developing in-house capabilities or working with other Integra members with a valuation skill set can be economically rewarding and diversify the services your firm offers. Join in for our first webinar as two experienced valuators explore the many aspects of valuation. Questions will be taken throughout the presentation. Comprehensive materials will be available to participants.
Register for Webinars by contacting our Global Administrator
Global Administrator and Meeting Planner
Email Laurie Daschuk
+1 604 309 2533 (UTC-08:00)
Vancouver, BC, Canada